The night is approaching… the one you’ll remember for a lifetime. It’s coming up to prom season and the pressure for the perfect night is mounting. The photos from this night will weave back into your life as easily as the memories. This is about celebrating on the cusp of adulthood, a time to be you and make your mark. The pressure leads to worrying that you’ll get it ‘right’, that you’ll remember everything, and how much it will all cost. That’s why we’ve put together our prom prep checklist, for guys and gals, to make sure your prom night goes without a hitch. From booking cheap limo rental in Fort Lauderdale to the final touches, we’ve got you covered.
- Hone your look: Rather than starting in the shopping mall, start on the internet. Have a browse of prom pictures and see which look takes your fancy. Classic so that you look chic in the photos for years to come, cutting edge to stand out, or something completely different. Then make a list of what you need: dress or tux, accessories and more. Then consider different options such as renting or borrowing before hitting the stores. And for the girls at least, once you have your dress, make sure you give some thought to your underwear! There’s nothing like the last minute panic where you’re caught between a VPL and potential embarrassment!
- Give your confidence a boost: Proms have a nasty habit of underlining any insecurity you’re already feeling. While the spotlight is shining on the photo booth, it’s also shining on every insecurity you’re experiencing or have experienced during your school days. Stop, take stock a moment, and make a list of everything that’s great about you. If you’re struggling, get your friends, mom, or other family members in on the act. Stash that list of your awesome points somewhere you can refer to it easily. When the nerves build, as they will, pull the list out and remember what’s great about you.
- Look at your feet: Looking glamorous is a priority. However, dancing at the prom won’t be much fun if your feet hurt. If you’re getting new shoes for the occasion, wear them around the house for a few hours a day first. Nothing mars dancing the night away quite like a blistered heel.
- Set a timetable: There’s a lot to fit in on prom day! Make a timetable, working backward from the start time and then not forgetting getting home, to ensure you fit everything in with the least stress.
- Book the transport: In the blink of an eye your prom night is over, so make the most of the time by booking transport both to and from the prom venue itself and to any after party. In fact, you can even make your transport the after party by choosing a party bus catering for up to 50! Our choice of limos means you have make the transport part of the incredible memories, while knowing you’re choosing a reputable company at affordable prices. Cheap limo rental Fort Lauderdale can transform your prom night into something even greater. If you’re a guy focused on using the prom night for romance then what better way to woo her than picking her up in an elegantly chic limo? All you have to do is to make sure you choose a reliable and reputable company such as FL Limoride. You want clean and stylish limos with friendly local professional chauffeurs for a perfect experience.
- How are you going to carry your stuff? Guys have an advantage here as tuxes have more pockets than those skinny jeans you squeeze on. Think about what you’ll need such as your phone and money and make sure you can fit it into your outfit.
- Get pampering booked in: Whether you want to team up with your friends and help each other get ready, or book in for professional hair and make-up, you need to plan it. Make sure you’ve made any bookings you need in plenty of time as they will get busy in prom season. If you’re planning on styling out a new look, practice it at home before prom night, so you have no last minute panic.
- Order your boutonniere or corsages: It’s normal for the gals to give the guys a boutonniere, and for the guys to give the gals a corsage. Here comes some of the angst if you’re not sure you’ll have the date you want or whether they will be reliable. There’s no harm in making sure you’ve ordered or picked up a spare. No one will know!
- Enjoy the build-up: The prom really will go past in a flash, and you’ll look back and realize many of the memories and fun was in the build-up. Book in plenty of get-together opportunities with your friends in the lead up from pool nights to spa trips. It will all add up to the sense of occasion. This is also an opportunity to check you’re all in agreement about what your expectations are, and to ensure you haven’t forgotten anything.
- Don’t forget the after party! A prom ends all too soon, so it’s pretty customary to have an after party. Like we suggested above, a party bus is a great idea for this. With our cheap limo rental Fort Lauderdale you can cruise around the city listening to the best tunes and enjoying the party vibe. Whatever special touches you want we can arrange, and you’ll get a personalized competitively priced quote.
Lastly, get on and have fun. Make memories. Take photos and enjoy. By using our planning prep list you won’t have forgotten anything, so there’s no excuse. Get in touch for your cheap limo rental Fort Lauderdale on 954-715-7444. We’d love to celebrate with you.